Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN), a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions, today introduced version 3 of its Nuance PDF Converter™ for Mac software, making it easier than ever to create, edit and securely share PDF files using Apple MacBook, iMac and Mac OS X-based computers. Nuance PDF Converter for Mac delivers a Better PDF for Mac™ experience for only $99 – a fraction of the price of Adobe Acrobat.
Nuance PDF Converter for Mac now includes direct connections to cloud services, making it possible to access and save PDF documents anytime, anywhere with Nuance PaperPort Anywhere and Evernote. The new release has built-in optical character recognition (OCR) capabilities to create searchable PDFs and seamlessly connects to the Nuance OmniPage Document Conversion service in the cloud to offer one-click conversion of PDF files into formatted word processing and spreadsheet documents. Nuance has also added its innovative FormTyper ™ feature which accurately and automatically converts PDF and scanned paper forms into professional looking electronic forms that can be filled, saved and shared online.
“Apple is gaining a significantly larger presence in business environments, increasing the demand for powerful and affordable productivity applications for PDF documents,” said Robert Weideman, senior vice president and general manager, Nuance Document Imaging division. “Nuance PDF Converter for Mac delivers the rich features people want in a PDF product at a fraction the price of Adobe Acrobat. It’s no wonder people say this is the ‘Better PDF for Mac’.”
Delivering a Better PDF for MacThe new version of PDF Converter for Mac extends on Nuance’s leadership in delivering Better PDF for Business, providing Apple users with an intelligent, yet simple-to-use, solution for converting, editing, assembling and sharing files. The product is ideal for students, the home office and for businesses of all sizes that need to edit and securely share PDF documents. Key capabilities and benefits include:
- Save Money – At just $99, Nuance PDF Converter for Mac delivers the rich PDF features Mac users need and unique productivity features – at a fraction the cost of the $449 Adobe® Acrobat® Professional for the Mac.
- Accurate PDF Conversion - Don’t waste valuable time recreating documents with complex layouts and graphics. Instantly convert PDF files into word processing, spreadsheet or presentation files that open in their native applications such as Apple iWork, Microsoft ® Office or XPS and Corel ® WordPerfect documents – complete with the most accurate fully formatted text, columns, tables, and graphics available with any PDF software.
- Connectivity with Cloud Services – Ensure anytime, anywhere access to important files from Apple Mac, iPad and iPhone devices with the ability to save PDF documents to popular cloud services including Evernote and Nuance PaperPort Anywhere directly from the application interface.
- Instant PDF Fillable Forms - Don’t let the hassle of filling out long forms slow down business. Using FormTyper, a user can take a non-fillable form and convert it into a fillable PDF form that can be completed, saved, and emailed. PDF Converter for Mac also lets users build cross-platform PDF forms by adding text fields, checkboxes and radio buttons.
- PDF Security - Ensure compliance with government and HIPPA regulations regarding document security by safeguarding confidential information with 128-bit or 256-bit AES encryption and 256-bit AES Unicode passwords.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts