BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Traders are reluctantly slinking their way back to their desks this morning, the first market session after the a three-day reprieve from trading.
The extended holiday should have given market participants a chance to rethink their assumptions going into April -- and to decide whether they're betting on a rally to continue into April, or fizzle out entirely. At this point, popular sentiment has clearly moved from bullish to bearish, even if the fundamental and technical picture hasn't actually reflected the same.
But there is a big catalyst for some fundamental-driven price action coming our way this week: I'm talking about earnings season.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV