BOSTON, April 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Randstad Healthcare Employee Confidence Index, a measure of overall confidence among U.S. healthcare workers, was 58.4 in the first quarter of 2012, according to a recent online survey conducted by Harris Interactive on behalf of Randstad Healthcare. The newly launched survey of 4,341 U.S. adults, among which 252 are employed in the healthcare industry, indicates positive confidence levels (above 50), particularly when it comes to optimism in workers' ability to find new jobs and in the future of their current employers.
Q1, 2012 Survey Highlights:
Half of Workers Say Economy is Staying the Same
- Forty-nine percent of healthcare workers believe the strength of the economy is staying the same; 24 percent say it is getting stronger; 27 percent indicate that the economy is weakening.
- Eighteen percent of survey respondents report that more jobs are available. At the same time, nearly half (47 percent) of healthcare workers believe there are fewer opportunities available.
- When asked how optimistic they are in their ability to find employment, 58 percent of healthcare workers indicate that they are confident they could find a job.
- Sixty-six percent of healthcare workers feel confident in the financial health of their company.
- An overwhelming 80 percent of employees feel it is unlikely they will lose their job (versus only eight percent whom believe this is likely).
- Thirty-one percent of healthcare workers are likely to look for a new job in the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV