NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Wednesday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Tuesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Abbott Laboratories (ABT), Buckle (BKE), Freeport-McMoran (FCX), Foot Locker (FL), General Dynamics (GD), Goldcorp (GG), Morningstar (MORN) and Yum Brands (YUM).
Each of the stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The health care company is scheduled to report its first-quarter earnings on April 17. Analysts, on average, anticipate earnings of 99 cents a share on revenue of $9.35 billion."Due to the release of the ABT abstract on HCV yesterday and due to the improvement in the valuations of ABT's comps we are updating our sum of the parts valuation model for ABT today," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in an April 5 report. "On the encouraging co-pilot data we are increasing the earnings multiple we assume for ABT's pharma business to 11 from 10. We continue to use a 14 multiple for the diversified medical products business based on our sum of the parts of the four businesses within that division that we show below. And we are now basing our target multiples on 2013 estimates. As a result our PO moves from $57 to $65." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 3.3% Rated "A (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin was about the same as it was last year. Abbott Laboratories has average liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 1.02, which shows the company can technically meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 9.16% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $75.25.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV