SALISBURY, N.C., April 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's stores issued a voluntary recall this evening for one lot code of the Food Lion store brand hard/soft taco dinner due to a manufacturer error.
Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's received notification from the manufacturer of Food Lion store brand products that the Food Lion-branded hard/soft taco dinner may contain a milk allergen in chicken Caesar-flavored seasoning, which is not properly marked and was mistakenly included in the taco dinner kit by the manufacturer. After learning of the error, the stores immediately pulled the product from shelves.
The recall includes only one product – the Food Lion store brand hard/soft taco dinner – sold at Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's grocery stores with the following UPC 3582605118, lot number of ga-aug07125, and pack size of 13.4 ounces. The recall is being issued in an abundance of caution, and customers who may have purchased the recalled product are urged to return the item to their local Food Lion, Harveys or Reid's store for a full refund.
About Food LionFood Lion, based in Salisbury, N.C., is a subsidiary of Delhaize America, the U.S. division of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG). The company operates more than 1,100 supermarkets in 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states, and employs approximately 57,000 associates. For more information, visit www.foodlion.com.About HarveysHarveys is an affiliate of Delhaize America, a subsidiary of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE:DEG). Harveys operates 73 stores in Georgia, Florida and South Carolina. For more information go to www.harveys-supermarkets.com About Reid'sReid's is a subsidiary of Delhaize America, the U.S. division of Brussels-based Delhaize Group (NYSE: DEG) and operates 11 stores in South Carolina. For more information, visit www.reidsgroceries.com. SOURCE Food Lion
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV