K-9 Acquisition, Inc., an affiliate of Apollo Global Management (NYSE: APO), and Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. (NASDAQ: WOLF) announced today that they have entered into an amendment to their previously announced merger agreement. As a result of the amended agreement, Apollo has agreed to increase its offer to acquire Great Wolf from $5.00 per share in cash to $6.75 per share in cash.
The increased offer price represents a premium of 133% to the six-month average of Great Wolf’s share price prior to the announcement of the original offer (March 12, 2012), a premium of 103% over the ninety-day average of Great Wolf’s share price prior to the announcement of the original offer and a premium of 61% over Great Wolf’s closing stock price on the day prior to the announcement of the original offer.
The increased offer was unanimously approved by the Great Wolf board of directors. The board has determined to recommend that Great Wolf stockholders tender their shares into Apollo’s revised tender offer, which will expire at 12:00 midnight on Friday, April 20, 2012. Great Wolf’s board believes that Apollo’s increased offer is in the best interest of all shareholders, maximizes value for all shareholders and provides for a substantial and immediate cash premium. A complete description of the terms of the merger agreement amendment and reasons for the board’s recommendation will be provided in an amended solicitation/recommendation statement on Schedule 14D-9, which Great Wolf will file with the Securities and Exchange Commission with respect to the increased offer.
In connection with the increased offer, Great Wolf has agreed to increase the termination fee and expense reimbursement payable to Apollo in certain circumstances, in proportion to the increase in the offer price, from a total of up to $7 million to a total of up to $9 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV