99 Cents Only Stores Partners With The Red Cross To Help Local Residents Prepare For The Big One
CITY OF COMMERCE, Calif., April 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The 99 Cents Only Stores is partnering with the American Red Cross L.A. Region's PrepareLA campaign by promoting to the broader LA community the many affordable disaster items needed for emergency preparedness kits carried regularly in 99 Cents Only Stores.In the wake of recent natural disasters, the 99 Cents Only Stores and the American Red Cross are urging the Los Angeles community to be prepared for emergency situations. Building a complete emergency kit could mean survival for our residents.
In the trough of the worst economy since the Great Depression, many people are unable to find extra money to prepare for something they feel may or may not happen. We know how the public feels, and we want to give them peace of mind that in a time of disaster, they will have a proper and complete emergency kit on hand and ready to utilize at any moment.
All stores, including the 85 stores in Los Angeles County, feature prominent Red Cross displays with essential disaster supplies, including first aid supplies, water, flashlights, batteries in assorted sizes, toothpaste and toothbrush, trash bags, toilet tissue, baby wipes and nonperishable food items.
"We are pleased to be partnering with the Red Cross to help our communities prepare for emergencies, without spending a lot of money doing so. Consumers can save more when they shop 99 Cents Only Stores first for their emergency preparedness supplies," said Eric Schiffer, CEO, 99 Cents Only Stores.The Red Cross recommends that residents have disaster kits for every location, including home, car, work or school and urges families with pets to include provisions for the feeding and care of their animals. Residents are also urged to keep valid identifications and important documents in water-proof, plastic bags.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV