Target ® Corp. has committed $15,000 in cash and gift cards to assist the Texas communities impacted by recent tornados. Cash donations will be distributed to The Salvation Army and the American Red Cross. In addition, Target has donated gift cards to other local nonprofit organizations for essentials such as water and food.
“Target is proud to be a resource for our communities, and we’re committed to aiding those in this time of need,” said Gregg Steinhafel, Chairman, President and CEO, Target. “Our team supports local recovery responses by volunteering and donating product and funds, in addition to making sure our stores closest to the disaster area are able to offer needed supplies.”
Last year, Target gave over $1 million in disaster relief aid domestically to the American Red Cross and The Salvation Army. The organizations distribute funds to local chapters where support is most urgently needed.
About TargetMinneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,765 stores across the United States and at Target.com. The company plans to open its first stores in Canada in 2013. In addition, the company operates a credit card segment that offers branded proprietary credit card products. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $3 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit Target.com/hereforgood. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV