U.S. Nonfarm Payrolls Rise 120,000 (Update2)
RDQ Economics noted that March's number must still go through two revisions and that other measures of employment have suggested the month's job growth was much stronger.
On Wednesday, Automatic Data Processing reported that private-sector jobs increased by 209,000 in March.
The March number will generate enough uncertainty that the Federal Reserve policymakers will leave open their quantitative easing options at their April 25 meeting, wrote John Ryding and Conrad DeQuadros at RDQ Economics.
But, they added, "this report, even taken at face value, is not a sign of weakness given the volatility in the data."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV