At its meeting this week in San Francisco, the Governing Committee of the Workers’ Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau (WCIRB) re-elected James E. Little as chair. Little, Chairman, President and CEO of PacificComp, was first elected to the committee in 2009 and took over its chairmanship in 2011.
“The new leadership at the Bureau is faced with both new opportunities and new challenges,” Little said. “My goals as chair over the coming term are to provide a perspective that comes from experience, to work with my colleagues on the committee to continuously look for ways to improve our operations, to be responsive to the needs of the workers’ compensation community, and to work closely with the Commissioner in fulfilling our mandated obligations as a rating organization.”
Comprising both private and public members, WCIRB’s Governing Committee sets policy and oversees management of the Bureau’s affairs, including the actions of the Bureau’s other committees. Its 12 members include seven private insurers, the State Compensation Insurance Fund, and four public members, two of whom represent insured employers and two representing organized labor. Public members are appointed by the Insurance Commissioner. More information about the Bureau can be found at www.wcirbonline.org/home.aspx
About Pacific Compensation Insurance CompanyPacific Compensation Insurance Company (PacificComp) is a specialty writer of workers’ compensation insurance. Based in Agoura Hills, PacificComp provides workers’ compensation insurance coverage exclusively through brokers for California companies. The company leverages the latest technology to provide broker partners with 24/7 access and unprecedented convenience to efficiently close, retain, and renew more business. PacificComp is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information, visit www.pacificcomp.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV