SANTA CLARA, Calif., April 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- DayStar Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: DSTI), a developer of solar photovoltaic products based on CIGS thin-film deposition technology, announced information today regarding its reverse stock split.
As previously announced, on March 27, 2012, the Company's stockholders approved a 1-for-7 reverse stock split of its common stock. The reverse stock split will be effective at 5:00 pm, Eastern Time, on April 5, 2012. DayStar's common stock will begin trading on NASDAQ on a split adjusted basis when the market opens on April 9, 2012.
The reverse split will reduce the number of shares of the Company's common stock outstanding from approximately 11 million shares to approximately 1.6 million shares. Proportional adjustments will be made to DayStar's outstanding stock options and other equity incentive awards, and its equity compensation plans. The Company's authorized shares will remain unchanged.
Information For StockholdersUpon execution of the reverse split, DayStar shareholders will receive one new share of DayStar common stock for every seven shares held. Record holders of DayStar common stock will receive a letter of transmittal shortly after the effective date with instructions for the exchange of stock certificates. Stockholders with shares in brokerage accounts will be contacted by their brokers with instructions. Computershare will act as the exchange agent, and can be contacted at (800) 546-5141 (domestic holders) or 1-781-575-2765 (international holders). DayStar will not issue fractional shares as a result of the reverse stock split. Any fractional shares will be rounded up to the next whole number. For more information on DayStar's reverse stock split, please refer to the proxy materials previously sent out which can also be accessed through the Company's website at http://www.daystartech.com. About DayStar Technologies, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV