United Insurance Holdings Corp. (OTCBB: UIHC) (United or the Company), a property and casualty insurance holding company, announced that its Board of Directors (the Board) had appointed Dr. Kern M. Davis and William W. Hood, III to its Board. "We welcome these new directors and look forward to the breadth of experience they will bring to United," stated Greg Branch, Chairman of the Board of United. "Our entire Board looks forward to working together to pursue the Company's strategic plans." The Company also announced today that Gordon Pratt, Larry Swets and James Zuhlke, three of United's directors, have volunteered their resignations from the Board effective immediately.
With these resignations and the appointment of the two directors, United's board currently consists of six members.
About United Insurance Holdings Corp.
Founded in 1999, United Property and Casualty Insurance Company, a subsidiary of United Insurance Holdings Corp., writes and services property and casualty insurance in Florida, South Carolina, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. From its headquarters in St. Petersburg, United's team of dedicated employees manages a completely integrated insurance company, including sales, underwriting, customer service and claims. The Company distributes its homeowners, dwelling fire and flood products through many agency groups and conducts business through four wholly-owned subsidiaries. Homeowners insurance constitutes the majority of United's premiums and policies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV