Ohio Family Sues Contractor Over W.Va. Mine Deaths
The lawsuit says that while some unsafe conditions were created by Massey, others were created by David Stanley's failure to do the job it was hired to do.
Failure to do weekly exams between Jan. 1, 2010, and April 5, 2010, "created a very obvious hazardous condition" that was "more than ordinary negligence," it contends.
The complaint says the company also failed to do adequate pre-shift and on-shift exams; failed to comply with approved training plans; failed to follow the approved ventilation and roof control plans; and failed to adequately apply pulverized limestone that neutralizes coal dust.
The lawsuit demands unspecified compensation for loss of income, mental anguish and more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV