|HP says that cloud technology is revolutionizing printing.|
Dahlgren explained that HP has an extensive enterprise customer base, as well as a strong printing legacy and extensive networking capabilities. The tech giant, he said, already has 3100 MPS customers, which include heavy-hitters such as Disney (DIS), Merck (MRK), General Mills (GIS), 3M (MMM) and eight of the top 10 banks.
Managed Print Services are specialized services that aim to improve customers' printing, copying and scanning. This could involve, for example, remotely monitoring and managing customers' multifunction printers, or standardizing devices to boost efficiency.Dahlgren used the example of HP's ePrint service as evidence of cloud technology's MPS impact. Launched last year, ePrint lets mobile workers print documents from mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops. "We were able to use the cloud to do this," explained Dahlgren, adding that HP worked with partners such as FedEx (FDX) Office and Hilton Hotels to set up secure print locations for mobile workers around the world. "Whether you are in New York or whether you are in San Francisco, you can print," he said. The executive explained that, similar to a GPS, the ePrint application tells customers which print locations are in their vicinity. When the user has picked a location and hit "print" on their smartphone, the print job goes into the secure HP private cloud, where it is held, and an access code is sent back to the customer's smartphone. The user then enters this onto the printing device, at say, a Fedex Office, to access the print job via the cloud. "On every form of these devices, there is some form of authentication," said Dahlgren. "It's secure."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV