CAS Medical Systems
An under-$10 name in the medical equipment and supplies complex that's starting to look interesting is CAS Medical Systems (CASM), a medical technology company that develops, manufactures and markets non-invasive patient monitoring products. This stock is off to a decent start in 2012, with shares up over 13%.
If you take a look at the chart for CAS Medical Systems, you'll notice that this stock bottomed in late 2011 at around $1.50 a share, and then ran up to its 2012 high of $2.98 a share. Since hitting that high, the stock has pulled back to its current price of around $2 a share. Now the stock has started to flirt with its 50-day of $2.10 and its 200-day of $2.18 moving averages today, and it's moved within range of some near-term overhead resistance levels. This move today could be signaling that CASM is preparing for a large spike higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV