Another under-$10 stock that's just starting to flirt with a major breakout trade today is TearLab (TEAR), an in-vitro diagnostic company. This stock is off to a monster start in 2012, with shares up over 236%.
If you take a look at the chart for TearLab, you'll see that this stock has been uptrending beautifully for the past six months, with shares running from 77 cents to today's high of $4.04. During that uptrend, this stock has consistently made higher lows and higher highs which is bullish technical price action. That move has now pushed TEAR within range of trigging a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV