BIRMINGHAM, Ala., April 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Verizon Wireless has teamed up with five universities to bring the Red Flag Campaign to the state of Alabama during the month of April.
The Red Flag Campaign is a program created by students for students and funded by the Verizon Foundation, Verizon Wireless and other community partners. It aims to raise awareness about sexual assault using a "bystander intervention" strategy, encouraging friends and other campus community members to "say something" when they see warning signs ("red flags") for dating violence in a friend's relationship.
According to studies from the U.S. Department of Justice, college-age women are four times more likely to be sexually assaulted than the general public, with an estimated one in four female college students becoming victims of sexual assault during their college career.
During the month of April, five Alabama universities will display Red Flags on their campuses as part of their Sexual Assault Awareness Month activities. The following schools are taking part in the campaign:
- Auburn University ( April 4-5)
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham ( April 9-13)
- Auburn University Montgomery ( April 23-27)
- The University of Alabama ( April 24-30)
- The University of Alabama in Huntsville (TBD).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV