Readers surveyed by TheStreet, though, are not in favor of the idea.
More than 60% of TheStreet's readers, however, see this as a poor choice.Some 61.7% of respondents to TheStreet's recent poll on this topic said that Kutcher will detract from the role, adding that the part should have gone to an unknown actor. Almost a quarter of respondents said that Kutcher would be a good choice to play Jobs, and that they would go see the movie. Perhaps a shot at Kutcher's box office draw, 14.36% of those surveyed said they would go see the movie regardless of the actor picked to play the legendary entrepreneur. Jobs died in October 2011 after a lengthy battle with pancreatic cancer. In addition to the indie film, Sony (SNE) is currently developing a script based off Walter Isaacson's biography of Jobs, simply entitled "Steve Jobs", according to Variety. Shares of Apple are higher in Thursday trading, up 1.37% to $632.87. Interested in more on AAPL? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV