Medgenics, Inc. (NYSE Amex: MDGN and AIM: MEDU, MEDG) (the “Company”) , the developer of a novel technology for the sustained production and delivery of therapeutic proteins in patients using their own tissue, today announces that all resolutions proposed at the Company’s Annual Meeting of Stockholders held yesterday were duly passed.
Each of the current directors of the Company, Dr. Eugene A. Bauer, Dr. Andrew L. Pearlman, Mr. Joel S. Kanter, Mr. Gary A. Brukardt, Dr. Stephen D. McMurray, Mr. Isaac Blech and Dr. Alastair Clemow, was reelected to the Board of Directors to serve until the next Annual Meeting of Stockholders and until their successor is duly elected and qualified.
Stockholders also approved the amendment and restatement of the Company’s Stock Incentive Plan, increasing the number of shares authorized to be issued under the plan and making certain other changes to the plan, and ratified the appointment of Kost Forer Gabbay & Kasierer, a member of Ernst & Young Global, to serve as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the year ended December 31, 2012.
Final voting tallies are subject to certification by the Company's inspector of elections, and will be included in the Company's report to be filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission later this week.About Medgenics Medgenics is developing and commercializing Biopump™, a proprietary tissue-based platform technology for the sustained production and delivery of therapeutic proteins using the patient's own skin biopsy for the treatment of a range of chronic diseases including anemia, hepatitis C and hemophilia. Medgenics believes this approach has multiple benefits compared with current treatments, which include regular and costly injections of therapeutic proteins. Medgenics has three long-acting protein therapy products in development based on this technology:
- EPODURE (now completing a Phase I/II dose-ranging trial) to produce and deliver erythropoietin for many months from a single administration, has demonstrated elevation and stabilization of hemoglobin levels in anemic patients for six to more than 36 months;
- INFRADURE TM (planning to commence a Phase I/II trial in Israel in 1H12 in hepatitis C) to produce a sustained therapeutic dose of interferon-alpha for use in the treatment of hepatitis;
- HEMODURE TM is a sustained Factor VIII therapy for the prophylactic treatment of hemophilia, now in development.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV