APNewsbreak: Kin Of W.Va. Miner Sues Massey Execs
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) â¿¿ The family of one of the 29 men killed in the explosion of the Upper Big Branch mine two years ago Thursday is suing former Massey Energy chief Don Blankenship and eight other individuals they hold responsible.
Blankenship has since retired and vanished from public view.
Pittsburgh attorney Bruce Stanley filed the complaint for the family of fallen miner Dean Jones on Wednesday in Raleigh County Circuit Court just before the two-year statute of limitations expired. It alleges deliberate infliction of emotional distress and demands punitive and compensatory damages.The case does not target the company or its new owner, Alpha Natural Resources. It goes after individuals, including former chief operating officer Chris Adkins and former vice president for safety Elizabeth Chamberlin, among others.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV