This column originally appeared on Real Money Pro at 8:26 a.m. EDT on April 5.
NEW YORK ( Real Money) -- Last night, I was on "Fast Money" with Melissa Lee, Tim Seymour, Guy Adami, Pete Najarian and Karen Finerman.
The message I presented last night was that the liquidity rally (in place for several years) was over and that it's time for Mr. Market to meet Mr. Gravity!
- Warm weather has pulled forward retail sales.
- The 100% tax credit, which expired on Dec. 31, 2011 and has dropped to 50%, has likely pulled forward business spending.
- Though the labor markets are in a clear recovery (off of a low base), other indicators are more ambiguous -- factory orders, industrial production, durable orders and personal income are disappointing, while aggregate manufacturing inventories such as autos (at General Motors (GM), in particular) are high. Wednesday morning, the ISM monthly services report disappointed, and, as Sir Art Cashin pointed out, the orders and backlogs were especially weak.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV