CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. (NYSE:CBL) announced the appointment of Jeff Curry as Chief Legal Officer for the Company. Curry has been serving as Interim Chief Legal Officer for CBL since February 2012 and has served as an external legal advisor to CBL since 1986. In his new role, Curry will oversee all of the Company’s legal services, including real estate, corporate, securities and tax.
“Jeff has meaningfully contributed to the growth and success of CBL for more than 25 years in his role as external legal advisor,” said Stephen Lebovitz, president & chief executive officer. “Over these years, Jeff has played an integral role in our acquisition and joint venture activities as well as other major transactions including the Company’s IPO in 1993. We are pleased to bring Jeff’s expertise and know-how in-house and are confident that his abilities will continue to create value for the Company and its stockholders.”
Prior to joining CBL, Curry was a partner in the national law firm of Husch Blackwell LLP, counsel to the Company, a position he has held since 2006 when he joined the local office of that firm along with a group of lawyers relocating from a firm that formerly provided legal services to the Company. Curry received his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree in 1985 from the University of Memphis Law School, where he was on the Editorial Board of the University of Memphis Law Review, and received a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree in Taxation from New York University School of Law in 1986. He is a member of NAREIT. Curry also serves as a vice president and a member of the board of directors for Chattanooga Inner City Outreach, Inc., a local non-profit organization, and is a member of the Chattanooga, Tennessee and American Bar Associations. He and his wife, Donna, reside in Chattanooga, TN.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV