Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE:JWN) today reported an 8.6 percent increase in same-store sales for the five-week period ended March 31, 2012 compared with the five-week period ended April 2, 2011. Preliminary total retail sales of $1.03 billion for March 2012 increased 14.7 percent compared with total retail sales of $897 million for the same period in fiscal 2011.
Quarter-to-date same-store sales increased 9.2 percent compared with the same period in fiscal 2011. Preliminary quarter-to-date total retail sales of $1.73 billion increased 15.3 percent compared with total retail sales of $1.50 billion for the same period in fiscal 2011.
To hear Nordstrom’s pre-recorded March sales message, please dial 402-220-6036 beginning today at 8:40 a.m. EDT. This recording will be available for one week.MARCH SALES RESULTS (unaudited; $ in millions)
|Total Retail Sales||Same-store Sales|
|Fiscal 2012||Fiscal 2011||Percent Increase||Total||Nordstrom||Nordstrom Rack|
|Number of stores||Mar-12||Mar-11|
|Nordstrom Rack and other||109||94|
|Gross square footage||24,790,000||24,021,000|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV