Kohl’s Corporation (NYSE: KSS) reported today that for the five-week month ended March 31, 2012 total sales increased 5.3 percent and comparable store sales increased 3.6 percent over the five-week month ended April 2, 2011. Year to date, total sales have increased 3.6 percent and comparable store sales have increased 1.8 percent.
Kevin Mansell, Kohl’s chairman, president and chief executive officer, commented, “Warmer weather and an earlier Easter combined to help improve our sales trend, especially in certain regions and businesses. The cold weather regions – Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast – outperformed the company. Children’s apparel, driven by Easter demand, was the strongest business while men’s and women’s apparel also performed well.”
|Total Sales||Total Sales||Comparable Sales|
|($ in millions)||2012||2011||2012||2011||2012||2011|
|Year to date||$2,989||$2,884||3.6%||(0.4%)||1.8%||(2.2%)|
The Company opened 9 new stores, including one relocated store, and closed one store in March 2012 and now operates 1,134 stores in 49 states, compared to 1,097 stores at the same time last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV