Saks Incorporated Announces March Comparable Store Sales
Retailer Saks Incorporated (NYSE: SKS) today announced that owned sales totaled $276.5 million for the five weeks ended March 31, 2012 compared to $260.2 million for the five weeks ended April 2, 2011, a 6.3% increase. Comparable store sales also increased 6.3% for the month.
On a year-to-date basis for the two months ended March 31, 2012, owned sales totaled $484.4 million compared to $456.3 million for the two months ended April 2, 2011, a 6.2% increase. Comparable store sales increased 6.4% for the two-month period.
For March, the strongest categories included women’s contemporary apparel; fine jewelry; handbags; and men’s accessories, shoes, tailored clothing, and contemporary apparel.
Saks Incorporated operates 45 Saks Fifth Avenue stores, 61 Saks OFF 5TH stores, and saks.com. Saks Fifth Avenue is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Customer Service Champion and is only one of 50 U.S. companies so named.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV