SunCoke Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SXC):
- Total U.S. coke production is estimated to be 1,072 thousand tons in first quarter 2012, an estimated increase of 211 thousand tons over the 861 thousand tons produced in first quarter 2011
- This increase reflects the successful ramp up of production to full capacity at our new Middletown, Ohio facility and improved operations at our Indiana Harbor facility
SunCoke Energy, Inc. (NYSE: SXC) today reported preliminary first quarter 2012 U.S. coke production of 1,072 thousand tons, an estimated increase of 211 thousand tons, or 25%, versus the same period in 2011. Our total U.S. cokemaking capacity utilization was 100 percent in first quarter 2012 versus 95 percent in first quarter 2011.
The increase in estimated coke production for the quarter was primarily due to the estimated 144 thousand tons of coke produced at our new Middletown, Ohio facility, which began operations in late October 2011. Our Middletown facility has achieved 100 percent capacity utilization ahead of schedule, albeit incurring higher than normal operating expenses in the first quarter due to startup related costs.
U.S. coke production in the first quarter also benefited from improved operations at our Indiana Harbor facility, which produced an estimated 37 thousand more tons of coke in first quarter 2012 versus the same period in 2011.
|Preliminary U.S. Coke Production|
|In thousands of tons||2012*||2011|
|Other Domestic Coke||898||687|
- The Company tentatively plans to report first quarter 2012 financial results before market open on Tuesday, May 1, 2012, and will host an investor conference call at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (9:00 a.m. Central Time) on that date. This conference call will be webcast live and archived for replay on www.suncoke.com in the Investor Relations section of the website. Participants can listen in by dialing 1-800-471-6718 (domestic) or 1-630-691-2735 (international) and referencing confirmation 32176866. Please log in or dial in at least 10 minutes prior to the start time to ensure a connection. A replay of the call will be available for seven days by calling 1-888-843-7419 (domestic) or 1-630-652-3042 (international) and referencing confirmation 32176866#.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV