- A2A and beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonists were shown to be highly synergistic and selective agents providing enhanced glucocorticoid activity in B-cell malignancies.
- Analysis of agonists in combination with dexamethasone or melphalan in 83 cell lines revealed substantial activity in MM and diffuse large B cell lymphoma cell lines.
- In some of the multiple myeloma (MM) cell line models, A2A and beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonists synergized with melphalan, lenalidomide, bortezomib and doxorubicin.
- Combination effects were also observed with dexamethasone as well as bortezomib, using MM patient samples and mouse MM xenograft assays.
- Results support development of A2A and beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonists for use in multi-drug combination therapy for MM.
- Systematic combination screening for the discovery and evaluation of new targets and combination therapies has the potential to improve cancer treatment paradigms and patient outcomes.
Zalicus Discovers Novel Multi-Target Mechanism For The Treatment Of Multiple Myeloma
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.