HAVERTY FURNITURE COMPANIES, INC. (NYSE: HVT and HVT.A) today reported sales for the period ended March 31, 2012.
Havertys' sales for the first quarter 2012 increased 6.1% to $163.6 million, versus $154.2 million for the first quarter of 2011. On a comparable store basis, sales increased 5.7%. Comparable store sales do not include locations opened, closed or otherwise non-comparable during the last 12 months.
Total written sales for the first quarter of 2012 increased 8.2% over the same quarter last year.
|Sales in Millions (unaudited)||Total Sales||Comparable Store Sales|
|2012||2011||% Change||% Change|
Clarence H. Smith, president and chief executive officer, said, “We are pleased to report another quarter of increased comparable store sales. Our customers are favorably responding to Havertys' better quality fashionable merchandise, renovated stores, and tools that inspire ideas - key elements of our strategy for long-term growth. These encouraging results are taking place in a continued difficult economic environment but are reflective of improving consumer sentiment.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV