Stage Stores, Inc. (NYSE: SSI) today reported that its total sales for the five week March period ended March 31, 2012 increased 7.5% to $144 million from $134 million in the prior year five week period ended April 2, 2011. Comparable store sales increased 4.7%.
The Company achieved comparable store sales increases in its accessories, children’s, cosmetics, dresses, footwear, home & gifts, junior’s, misses sportswear and petites categories during March. Geographically, the Mid Atlantic, Midwest, Northeast, South Central and Southwest regions all had comparable store sales gains during the month.
|Comparable Store Sales||Total Sales|
|% Increase (Decrease)||($ in Millions)|
|1 st Qtr-To-Date||4.3||(6.1||)||245||228|
Michael Glazer, Interim President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “We are pleased with our 4.7% increase in comparable store sales, which benefited from warmer than normal weather and an earlier Easter versus last year. Conversely, the earlier Easter will have a negative impact on April’s comparable store sales, as will a shift in a Mother’s Day event to May this year from April last year.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV