Today General Mills was named in Forbes as “The Most Reputable Company in America,” recognizing the company’s strong global reputation.
Reputation Institute, in partnership with Forbes Media, today released findings from their 2012 U.S. RepTrak™ Pulse, a study that measures the reputations of the 150 largest U.S. public companies. General Mills ranked No. 1 in the study, and saw its RepTrak score surge by 5.6 points this year.
“We sometimes refer to reputation as the immediate feeling that people have about a company when they hear the company’s name,” Anthony Johndrow, managing partner at Reputation Institute, told Forbes. “That feeling is based on both rational and emotional underlying causes, and influences how you act in support of that company as well as your purchasing decisions.”
Reputation Institute said General Mills scored No. 1 in citizenship, and scored in the top five in products & services, governance, and leadership.“We value our corporate reputation tremendously and we are constantly working to foster and honor the trust of our stakeholders,” said Ken Powell, chairman & CEO, General Mills. “For General Mills, trust means delivering nutrition and value to our consumers through innovation, helping our customers grow, strengthening and engaging in our communities, operating sustainably and protecting the environment, as we invest in and develop our employees as leaders to grow our businesses around the world. We believe customers and consumers reward companies that operate with integrity and do what is right over the long-term — and that has long been core to General Mills’ DNA.” Overall, consumer products, food manufacturing, industrial products, computer, and transport and logistics companies scored highest in this year’s study. Food companies scoring in the top ten include No. 1 General Mills, No. 2 Kraft, No. 4 Kellogg’s, No. 7 Coca-Cola and No. 9 Pepsi.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV