Those that like a little more St. Tropez and a little less Ibiza at their Vegas pool club should stop by Moorea Beach Club, one of the first exclusive pool clubs on the strip located on the main resort deck of the Mandalay Bay. A moody red scene of VIP opium beds and lounge anthems began as a European-style beach club that was strictly tops-optional. In an attempt to be more family friendly, the club went to a more reserved swimsuit-required policy for the past few years. For 2012, however, the tops are off again within the boutique day club that joins the likes of Bare at the Mirage, Liquid at the Aria and Venus at Caesars Palace.
Spa-style experiences are also a theme for 2012 with some pool clubs going in the direction of holistic retreats and five-star luxury to lure visitors. A more boutique-style pool experience is a good fit to the all-suite guests of Venetian's Palazzo at Azure Pool, offering outdoor massage treatments and a showy fusion menu a la Wolfgang Puck to complement anyone's magnum of champagne.
At Tao Beach, guests can enjoy a massage menu by Canyon Ranch, which shares a Venetian address, in addition to its own Asian-fusion poolside menu cooked-up inside Tao. But the ultimate poolside retreat comes at the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas where its cabana scene along the eighth-floor pool deck offers a City Center view complemented by a designated 'quiet area' free of kids and menu of grilled octopus, tuna tartare and Japanese bento boxes that are a welcome refuge from the boom and bass pool clubs of the strip.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV