NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The season of Veuve Clicquot snowcones and topless sunbathing arrived earlier in Las Vegas this year, as the summer pool clubs roar back to life a full two months ahead of schedule.
The combination of a warmer winter coupled with ambitious owners and promoters looking to cash-in on the thriving business model led some clubs like the massive WET Republic at the MGM (MGM) Grand to open as early as March with a season kickoff that had no shortage of bikinis and celebrities like Kendra Wilkinson, Ryan Scheckler and star DJ Bob Sinclair.
Star power will be an even more important ingredient for the city's top pool clubs this year, hoping to differentiate themselves from the onslaught of recent openings recently as well as attracting guests that now pay upwards of $30 for mere entry and sometimes $5,000 for a coveted cabana or poolside bungalow.
At the Cosmopolitan, one of the world's hottest house artists known as Swedish DJ Avicii, of whom even Madonna is a fan, will kick off the season at the strip-facing Marquee Day Club on April 21. While some may complain about the $60 ticket price, double the $30 for ladies and tough 'guy to girl' ratio maintained at the door, lines can be better avoided with upgraded VIP admission or cabana rental.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV