Cerecor Raises $22 Million Series A Financing
BALTIMORE, April 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cerecor Inc., a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription pharmaceuticals whose primary activity is in the human nervous system, announced today that it has raised over US$22 million in an overallotment of its January 2012 Series A preferred stock financing. The offering, which was placed with accredited investors including members of Cerecor's Board of Directors, significantly exceeded the offering maximum of US$15 million. Maxim Group, LLC of New York, NY acted as placement agent in connection with the offering.
"The completion of this financing is an important step in bringing our lead product, FP01 for the treatment of chronic and acute cough, to the market and to support our early preclinical efforts in cognition and schizophrenia. We are delighted by the enthusiastic response to our offering, as it confirms the quality of our Company, its product pipeline and our founding team," stated Blake M. Paterson, M.D., Co-founder & CEO of Cerecor.
About Cerecor Inc.Cerecor Inc. ("Cerecor" or the "Company") is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription pharmaceuticals whose primary activity is in the human nervous system. Cerecor is focused on translational medicine -- the accelerated transfer of technology from the academic laboratory to early human trials, with the goal of rapid commercialization. www.cerecor.com For More Information, contact: John DierkesKennedy Advisors email@example.com (410) 935-9334 SOURCE Cerecor Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV