Digital River, Inc. (NASDAQ: DRIV), the revenue growth experts in global cloud commerce, will host leading cyber security experts at the Digital River ® Globalocity™ commerce conference. Globalocity, which is expected to draw top business visionaries, industry analysts, global commerce executives and senior professionals from the U.S., Europe and Asia, will take place May 14-16, 2012, at the JW Marriott L.A. LIVE Hotel in Los Angeles, Calif.
The Globalocity experience will provide attendees with insights into some of today’s most pressing global commerce topics, ranging from social and mobile commerce, to the digital marketplace, security, the cloud and emerging online geographies. Registrations can be made through the event website at www.goglobalocity.com.
During the conference, distinguished security experts will participate in a super session titled, “Current and Emerging Cyber Threats, A Security Panel,” which will focus on some of the biggest cyber threats affecting online businesses. Scheduled on Tuesday, May 15, at 10:50 a.m. PDT, the panel will discuss what the government, companies and research institutions are doing to address these threats, both domestically and internationally.
Moderated by Dyann Bradbury, president of InfraGard National Members Alliance and director of IT compliance at Digital River, the security panel will include:
- James Norton, executive, General Dynamics: Mr. Norton is an executive with the Fortune 100 corporation General Dynamics. As the director of homeland security and federal strategies for General Dynamics C4 Systems, Mr. Norton leads the Washington, D.C. operations for the federal, civil and intelligence community groups, which formulate and implement business strategies on behalf of the corporation. General Dynamics C4 Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, is a leading integrator of secure communication and information systems and technology. Mr. Norton understands the complex nature of homeland security issues, such as border control, transportation and cyber security. His government-service credentials include senior-level positions at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Rob Pate, vice president for cybersecurity, Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC): Mr. Pate has held numerous security executive positions in the private sector and with the federal government. Mr. Pate served at the National Cyber Security Division (NCSD), the Department of Homeland Security, as well as the United States Computer Incident Readiness Team (US-CERT). He founded the Government Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (GFIRST), which is an information sharing effort focused on daily information exchange at the technical operators across different incident response teams representing the defense, intelligence, law enforcement and federal civilian agency communities.
- Phyllis Schneck, vice president and chief technology officer, McAfee: Dr. Schneck is chief technology officer for public sector at McAfee, Inc. In this role, she is responsible for the technical vision for public sector applications of security and global threat intelligence, strategic thought leadership around technology and policy in cyber security, as well as leading McAfee initiatives in adaptive security and intelligence in networks for critical infrastructure protection and cross-sector cyber security. For more than 14 years, Dr. Schneck has had a distinguished presence in the security and infrastructure protection community, most recently as a commissioner on public-private partnership, and a working group chair on Network Situational Awareness for the CSIS Commission to advise the 44th U.S. president on cyber security.
- Mark Wood, product manager, cloud security, Dell SecureWorks: Mr. Wood is responsible for managed security services relating to cloud security at Dell SecureWorks. He has more than 25 years of experience in the technology community as a software engineer, a sales engineer, a start-up owner and a product manager. Previously, at Cloud Sherpas, a solutions provider focused on migrating organizations to Google Apps, Mr. Wood was responsible for product strategy, lifecycle management and optimizing existing products. He has also worked in marketing and product management at a number of leading technology companies, including nCircle, Internet Security Systems (ISS) and AT&T Bell Laboratories.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV