SALISBURY, N.C., April 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Food Lion will hold its Hunger Has a Cure Campaign, starting today to support Feeding America's network of local food banks. The two-week campaign, which allows customers to donate in $1 or $3 increments at the register, runs through April 17. Customers may also donate any other amount of their choice.
"As a grocer, we want to help our neighbors who are struggling to feed their families," said Bill Garcia, manager of community relations for Food Lion. "During the summer months, food donations typically drop while hunger needs increase. Funds raised through this two-week campaign will help close the gap and provide critical assistance to families in need."
Customers can support the Hunger Has a Cure Campaign by adding a monetary donation of their choice to their total grocery bill at the register. These funds will then be donated to Feeding America, which is able to help provide eight meals per every $1 donated. All Food Lion stores are participating in the campaign.
Through efforts such as this, Food Lion raises community awareness of hunger needs, funding for food banks and contributes more than 37 million pounds of food donations annually to Feeding America. Last year, with the support of our generous customers, the Hunger Has a Cure Campaign raised $440,000 and 1.4 million pounds of food to help families seeking food assistance through the Feeding America network.Food Lion serves as a trusted neighbor and strong corporate citizen in the communities in which the company operates. Through foundation giving and corporate campaigns carried out by its more than 1,200 stores, local programs and individual associate involvement, these banners support their communities and numerous nonprofit organizations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV