Global test prep leader Kaplan Test Prep has teamed up with Freerice.com, a non-profit website run by the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), to help in their mission to provide free education to all and a solution to world hunger. To reach this ambitious goal, Kaplan is providing Freerice with 500 SAT questions; with each question that students answer correctly, 10 grains of rice are donated to WFP to feed hungry people around the world, paid for by sponsored banners on the site.
Since its creation in 2007, Freerice players have donated almost 100 billion grains of rice, enough to feed five million people for a day. Often WFP is able to purchase the rice locally, cutting down on the time it takes to provide life-saving food to the hungry while also supporting local economies. Some of the communities that have benefited are:
- Cambodia - from June 2011 onwards, all rice raised on Freerice is going to Cambodia, where the rice is locally purchased in support of school meals activities.
- Haiti - from January to May 2011, Freerice raised nearly 6 billion grains of rice to help communities following devastating earthquakes, enough to feed nearly 300,000 people two meals for a day.
- Bangladesh - Freerice fed 27,000 refugees from Myanmar for two weeks.
“Kaplan Test Prep is proud to work with the U.N.’s World Food Programme and be a part of its efforts to combat world hunger through Freerice, while promoting education and college readiness in the process,” said Justin Serrano, president, K-12 and college prep programs, Kaplan Test Prep. “From experience, we know that many students today are looking for a way to give back and this provides them with a worthwhile opportunity to do so, while supporting their own test prep needs.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV