U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (Nasdaq: GROW), a boutique registered investment adviser specializing in natural resources and emerging markets, will host a special webcast to discuss China’s economic maturity and what the birth of a consumer culture could mean for commodities and the global economy.
The webcast titled Hard or Soft Landing in China? Navigating China’s Transition to a Consumer-Driven Economy will be held on Thursday, April 5, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. ET (9:00 a.m. CT). Click here to register.
Frank Holmes, U.S. Global Investors' CEO and chief investment officer, will be joined by Andy Rothman, China macro strategist for CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets. Rothman’s Sinology report contains some of the most valuable investment reconnaissance available and is a must-read for globally-minded investors. Rothman, who is based in Shanghai, has been writing about China’s shift from an export-driven economy to a consumption-based one for years. Rothman says rising incomes and increased government spending on social programs such as healthcare and education have set the framework for China to remain the main driver of the global economy.
Holmes and Rothman will explain why the Chinese economy is misunderstood by debunking some of the market’s biggest misconceptions regarding the country’s growth. The presenters will look to answer each of the following:
- What makes this emerging market the world’s best consumption story?
- How many Chinese are in pursuit of the American Dream?
- Which American companies are benefiting from expanding in China?
- How can a global investor benefit?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV