American Express (NYSE: AXP) and Transaction Network Services (NYSE: TNS) today announced the launch of the American Express® Payment Gateway, a payment service provider solution that offers a single-source for all sized merchants looking to establish online payment functionality. The solution enables businesses to quickly and easily set up the ability to manage e-commerce and other card-not-present transactions and provides fraud and card data security for those transactions.
The American Express Payment Gateway offers the following capabilities:
- Supports major card brands and payment types
- Enables payment acceptance globally with multi-currency enablement in over 120 global currencies and major local acquirer connectivity
- Meets unique business needs through hosted solutions, standard or custom implementation and in-country solutions
- Delivers value-added services, such as Accertify’s fraud management solution, cardholder authentication capabilities, and TNS’ tokenization solution
- Provides product support with multi-lingual representatives by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
As businesses look to build their online presence, the American Express Payment Gateway connects merchants with all major processors, acquirers and networks and helps enable all forms of online payment transactions to be processed safely and securely by utilizing TNS’ payment software and global network and leveraging fraud protection capabilities from Accertify, an American Express company and leading fraud prevention and risk management provider.
“Through our relationship with merchants, we know they are looking for a more reliable, global and stand-alone e-commerce payment solution,” said Suzan Kereere, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Global Network Business at American Express. “We are delighted to work with TNS to address this need. The American Express Payment Gateway will enable businesses to focus their efforts on expanding their market reach, while we manage the processing, security and service behind online card acceptance.”