- Reaching the halfway mark toward achieving three of the company’s 2015 global sustainability goals : water, solid waste and packaging. General Mills is more than 50 percent of the way to achieving a 20 percent reduction in its water usage rate and a 50 percent reduction in its solid waste generation rate. In addition, the company has improved the packaging for 27 percent of its sales volume –more than halfway toward the 40 percent goal.
- Leveraging Continuous Improvement and Holistic Margin Management to make General Mills’ plants more efficient and environmentally friendly. By eliminating non value-added processes, labor and materials, and focusing on what matters most to our consumers, these strategies have helped minimize cost, reduce waste and drive the company’s environmental performance – while helping to keep our products affordable for consumers.
- Achieving a new record for improving the health profile of General Mills’ products. The company improved the health profile of products representing nearly 25 percent of its U.S Retail product sales in fiscal 2011. Since 2005, more than 600 of General Mills’ U.S. products have been nutritionally improved by adding whole grain, fiber or vitamins, reducing calories, fat, sugar or sodium or through other health enhancements.
- Delivering more whole grain than any other single ingredient in every Big G cereal. Whole grain is now listed first on the ingredient panel of all Big G cereals, indicating that whole grain is the most prevalent ingredient.
- Expanding our commitment to fight hunger around the world. General Mills championed hunger relief efforts from Minnesota to Malawi in fiscal 2011. The company contributed nearly $30 million in product donations to food banks and increased its hunger and nutrition wellness grants by more than 25 percent. Extending its global reach, General Mills launched Partners in Food Solutions, a hunger-fighting nonprofit organization that links the technical expertise of General Mills employees with small- and medium-sized food processors in Africa.
- Hitting $1 billion in philanthropic giving. The General Mills Foundation has given $1 billion to charitable causes around the globe since its inception in 1954. This includes a record-breaking fiscal 2011 donation totaling nearly $119 million.
General Mills Releases 2012 Global Responsibility Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.