- Shares of Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) closed at $9.49 on Tuesday, returning 71% year-to-date, following an epic 58% decline during 2011. Despite that remarkable run, the shares trade for just 0.7 times the company's Dec. 30 tangible book value of $12.95, and for a relatively low nine times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.06. KBW analyst Jefferson Harralson rates Bank of America "Market Perform," with a price target of $9.00, and estimates the company will report first-quarter EPS of six cents, followed by full-year earnings of 65 cents, and 2013 EPS of $1.20.
- Citigroup (C - Get Report) closed at $36.37 Tuesday, returning 38% year-to-date, following last year's 44% decline. Like Bank of America, Citi's shares are heavily discounted, at just 0.7 times the Dec. 30 tangible book value of $49.81. The shares trade for eight times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $4.70. KBW analyst David Konrad rates Citi "Market Perform," with a price target of $42, and estimates the company will report first-quarter EPS of 80 cents, with full-year earnings of $3.40 for 2012, followed by 2013 EPS of $4.40.
- Shares of JPMorgan Chase (JPM - Get Report) closed at $45.42 Tuesday, returning 38% year-to-date, following a 20% decline during 2011. The shares trade for 1.5 times tangible book value, and for eight times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $5.52. Based on a quarterly payout of 30 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.64%, and the company's board of directors has authorized $12 billion in share buybacks for 2012, followed by another $3 billion for the first quarter of 2013. Konrad rates JPMorgan "Outperform," with a price target of $52, estimating the company will post first-quarter earnings of $1.07, followed by EPS of six dollars.
3 Regional Bank Stock Best Bets From KBW
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.