- Shares of Bank of America (BAC - Get Report) closed at $9.49 on Tuesday, returning 71% year-to-date, following an epic 58% decline during 2011. Despite that remarkable run, the shares trade for just 0.7 times the company's Dec. 30 tangible book value of $12.95, and for a relatively low nine times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.06. KBW analyst Jefferson Harralson rates Bank of America "Market Perform," with a price target of $9.00, and estimates the company will report first-quarter EPS of six cents, followed by full-year earnings of 65 cents, and 2013 EPS of $1.20.
- Citigroup (C - Get Report) closed at $36.37 Tuesday, returning 38% year-to-date, following last year's 44% decline. Like Bank of America, Citi's shares are heavily discounted, at just 0.7 times the Dec. 30 tangible book value of $49.81. The shares trade for eight times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $4.70. KBW analyst David Konrad rates Citi "Market Perform," with a price target of $42, and estimates the company will report first-quarter EPS of 80 cents, with full-year earnings of $3.40 for 2012, followed by 2013 EPS of $4.40.
- Shares of JPMorgan Chase (JPM - Get Report) closed at $45.42 Tuesday, returning 38% year-to-date, following a 20% decline during 2011. The shares trade for 1.5 times tangible book value, and for eight times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $5.52. Based on a quarterly payout of 30 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.64%, and the company's board of directors has authorized $12 billion in share buybacks for 2012, followed by another $3 billion for the first quarter of 2013. Konrad rates JPMorgan "Outperform," with a price target of $52, estimating the company will post first-quarter earnings of $1.07, followed by EPS of six dollars.
3 Regional Bank Stock Best Bets From KBW
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.