USD-JPY Stages a Shaky Recovery
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (fxtechstrategy.com) -- A sharp recovery saw USD-JPY closing higher on Tuesday but it continues to hold its downside vulnerability. Unless we see a return above its key resistance at the 84.17 level, the risk is for USD-JPY to return to the 81.86-to-81.55 levels.
We may see price hesitation or even a reversal of roles, turning resistance into support here and thus turning the pair higher. However, if these levels fail to hold, further weakness should build up toward the 80.57 level where a breach will target the 78.18 area.Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. On the upside, a return above the 84.17 level is required to resume its upside toward the 85.49 level and then the 86.88 level. All in all, as long as USD-JPY continues to trade and hold below the 84.17 level, there is risk of a consolidation with downside bias.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV