MCLEAN, Va., April 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Consumers responded overwhelmingly to the Venture 2012 "Double Miles Challenge" and Capital One Financial Corporation (NYSE: COF) announced today that the one billion mile allocation as part of that promotion was depleted in just 31 days. Launched on March 7, the Venture Double Miles Challenge ( www.capitaloneventure.com) gave consumers who opened a Capital One Venture Card the opportunity to earn double miles, up to 100,000, for every dollar they spent on their travel card in 2011.
"We issued a bold offer with the Venture Double Miles Challenge and saw an overwhelming response. It's clear that people want more from their travel rewards card," said Mike Wassmer, Executive Vice President of US Card at Capital One. "We're excited to show these new customers what they've been missing with their other travel cards. This promotion may be over but consumers can still get the Venture card and earn double miles on every purchase, every day."
The Venture Double Miles Challenge received rave reviews from media and influencers who cover the frequent travel card category.
"It's called the `Venture Double Miles Challenge,' and I think travel rewards credit card users everywhere are going to love it," stated Credit Net. "This Venture offer is one of the best travel bonuses out there. Even if you miss out on the promotion, the card's standard rewards program of 2 miles per dollar spent is still a great deal," added CreditKarma.These influencers are also continuing to rank Venture the best in its category. The consumer information website NextAdvisor rated Venture the best travel rewards card. TripBadger, an online blog, said, "The Capital One Venture Rewards card is a top-rated miles card. It offers the flexibility to use your miles on any airline, offers double miles for every dollar spent, and has reasonable fees."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV