Willis Group Holdings (NYSE:WSH) has appointed Yoshihide Enomoto as President and CEO of its retail brokerage business in Japan. The announcement coincides with news that the global insurance broker has opened a second Japanese office in Osaka to service the electronics sector and other rapidly expanding industries throughout the Kansai region of Western Japan.
Yoshihide “Dean” Enomoto, who is based in Willis’ Tokyo office, joins from a 14-year career at Aon where he was Chairman of Aon Japan and Managing Director of Aon Global Japan, after running Aon’s Japan Group in Chicago. Prior to this, Mr. Enomoto handled the Japanese business of broker Alexander & Alexander USA, working in both Chicago and Los Angeles. His career started in 1983 at CIGNA Insurance Japan.
Welcoming Mr. Enomoto to Willis, Roger Wilkinson, Chairman & CEO, Willis Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa said, “Dean’s extensive international experience and his excellent knowledge of the local marketplace will enable him to lead our push for growth in Japan, where we are investing significantly in our people and presence.”
To further bolster Willis’ position in Japan, the broker has also recently appointed several new producers, brokers, risk engineers and analysts.In addition to Mr. Enomoto’s appointment, Willis announced that Shinichiro “Sebastian” Sekine, former Branch Manager of Aon’s Osaka office, has joined Willis to lead the new office and to spearhead the development of Willis’ relationships in the Kansai region which includes Osaka, and nearby Kobe and Kyoto. Commenting on the rationale behind the establishment of the new Osaka office, Mr. Enomoto said: “Many global companies have set up their headquarters in the Kansai area and are looking for the kind of global risk management expertise that Willis can now deliver locally via our Osaka team. This of course works well in reverse for Japanese companies looking to expand abroad.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV