Dr. Dieter Zetsche At The Annual Shareholders' Meeting: "Daimler Is On The Way To Its Best Form."
Record year 2011 and a high dividend
Daimler had presented its figures for the year 2011 in February. In its jubilee year, the Group set records for unit sales, revenue, EBIT and net profit. Worldwide, 2.1 million vehicles were sold and total revenue increased by 9% to euro 106.5 billion (2010: euro 97.8 billion). Group EBIT amounted to euro 8.8 billion (2010: euro 7.3 billion) and the Group's EBIT from the ongoing business was euro 9.0 billion (2010: euro 7.2 billion). Net profit increased to euro 6.0 billion (2010: euro 4.7 billion).
In view of the very positive business development, the Board of Management and the Supervisory Board proposed the distribution of a dividend of euro 2.20 per share at today's Annual Shareholders' Meeting. This constitutes a total payout of almost euro 2.3 billion and a dividend ratio of about 40% in relation to the Group's net profit. The dividend for the year 2011 is one of the highest in Daimler's history.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV