Dr. Dieter Zetsche At The Annual Shareholders' Meeting: "Daimler Is On The Way To Its Best Form."
BERLIN, April 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Daimler AG has made an excellent start to the year 2012. "Our company is on the way to its best form, but is not there yet. We are confident we can do more, and that also applies to our share price," said Dr. Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars, according to the text of his speech to the expected 5,800 shareholders at the International Congress Center (ICC) in Berlin.
In the first three months of the year 2012, the Group once again sold more vehicles than in the same period of last year. Unit sales by Mercedes-Benz Cars in the period of January through March increased by 12% to more than 340,000 units compared with the prior-year period. The division thus achieved its best-ever first quarter and its best-ever monthly unit sales in March. The growth drivers since January have been the C-Class models (plus 27%), the S-Class (plus 18%) and the SUV segment (plus 8%). There was also strong demand for the new B-Class, the first of five cars in the new compact range, with orders received for over 100,000 units to date. Although the B-Class is so far only available in Europe, more than 35,000 cars have already been delivered to customers. In September, the new A-Class will be launched, the second car of the new compact car portfolio.
Global car markets should grow by 4% this year. "At Mercedes, we're on a roll, and we want to beat that," said Zetsche and affirmed the unit-sales forecast for Mercedes-Benz Cars. The division assumes that this year it will surpass the unit-sales record it set in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV