HOLLYWOOD, Calif., April 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Paramount's Insurge Pictures today announced they have partnered with Katy Perry, Direct Management, Imagine Entertainment, AEG and co-financing partner EMI on a 3D feature film starring Katy. To be released on July 5, 2012, KATY PERRY: PART OF ME will be a first-ever big-screen look at the international superstar's life both on- and off-stage.
Said Katy, "I am so excited to paint the silver screen in 3D color with help from our friends at Paramount and Imagine. For the last year and a half, I have intimately documented my life both on and off the stage of The California Dreams Tour. I want to take you behind the cotton candy clouds and reveal the highs and lows and nuts of bolts of this extraordinary ride. I promise you, after seeing this film, you will truly know me."
President of Paramount Film Group, Adam Goodman, said, "Katy's one-of-a-kind story, and our unique ability at Insurge to create equally unique movie going experiences, was a natural fit. We're beyond excited to offer her fans, who inspired this movie, and moviegoers everywhere, this once-in-a-lifetime look into her world and capture a moment in time.""This has been a milestone year for Katy. She is emblematic of the culturally forward thinking artists that we endeavor to highlight at Insurge, so when the opportunity came about to work with her on this film, Adam and I immediately jumped at the chance," said Amy Powell, President, Paramount Insurge. Katy began documenting her California Dreams Tour, consisting of 124 performances, over a year ago. Her management team, Direct Management, soon after brought AEG into the project to film the artist's two shows at Staples Center in LA in 3D. A partnership with Imagine Entertainment followed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV