Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited (“Aspen”) (NYSE:AHL) has priced an underwritten public offering of 6,000,000 shares of 7.25% of Perpetual Non-Cumulative Preference Shares (the “Preference Shares”).
The Preference Shares have a liquidation preference of $25 per share (or $150,000,000 in aggregate liquidation preference). The underwriters have the option to purchase from Aspen up to an additional 900,000 Preference Shares (or $22,500,000 in aggregate liquidation preference).
The offering was made pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement and is expected to close on April 11, 2012, subject to customary closing conditions. Aspen intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes, including supporting its insurance and reinsurance activities through its operating subsidiaries as well as repurchasing its outstanding ordinary shares as determined from time to time.
The Preference Shares rank equally with preference shares previously issued by Aspen, and have no fixed maturity date. Aspen may redeem all or a portion of the shares at a redemption price of $25 per share on or after July 1, 2017. Aspen intends to list the Preference Shares on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “AHLPRB”.The offering was led by Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Barclays Capital Inc., UBS Securities LLC and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC as joint book-running managers. This offering may be made only by means of a preliminary prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus. Copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement and the final prospectus may be obtained, when available, from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's website at www.sec.gov. Alternatively, these documents are available from the underwriters by contacting any of the following:
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Brooklyn Army Terminal, 140 58th Street, 8th Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11220, Attention: Prospectus Department, telephone (877) 858-5407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barclays Capital Inc., c/o Broadridge Financial Solutions, 1155 Long Island Avenue, Edgewood, NY 11717, telephone (888) 603-5847 or email Barclaysprospectus@broadridge.com
- UBS Securities LLC, 299 Park Avenue New York, NY 10171, Attention: Prospectus Specialist, telephone (877) 827-6444 ext. 561 3884
- Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, 1525 W W.T. Harris Boulevard, NC0675, Charlotte, NC 28262, Attention: Syndicate Operations, telephone (800) 326-5897 or email email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV