Obama Runs From His Record on the Economy: Opinion
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- In a speech in Washington delivered at the annual Associated Press luncheon Tuesday, President Obama spoke on the economy. And he was at it again -- running from his record and blaming Republicans for the pain his actions have visited on the unemployed and middle class.
During his first two years, Mr. Obama got virtually everything he wanted -- billions in stimulus to jump-start the economy, and new policies for trade, energy, banking, and health care. In these areas, he favored the ideas and interests of elitist academics, the political class, and wealthy executives who support his political machine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV