Enova Announces Results For Year Ended December 31, 2011
Enova Systems, Inc. (NYSE AMEX: ENA) (AIM: ENV) (AIM: ENVS) ("Enova" or "the Company"), a leading developer of proprietary hybrid electric and all-electric drive systems and drive system components for the emerging green commercial vehicle market, announced its 2011 financial results on Friday, March 30, 2012. The company reported revenues of $6.6M and gross margins of 3.9%, despite a significant downturn in the overall electric and hybrid market.
- Annual revenue was $6.6M in 2011, a decrease of 23% from $8.6M in 2010 and Q4 2011 revenue was $638,000, a decrease of $3.1M from $3.7M for the same period in 2010. Customer orders decreased dramatically in the second half of the year due to tightened government and school district budgets, which resulted in a decrease in orders for our customers’ vehicles.
- Gross profit decreased to $0.3M in 2011 from $1.4M in 2010, and, in Q4, we swung to a gross loss of $618,000 from gross profit of $751,000 in the same period in 2010. Margins decreased, in particular in the second half of 2011, due to the lower sales base and our decision to record an increase in the inventory valuation reserve at year end.
- Overall, annual gross margin was 3.9% in 2011, down from 16.5% in 2010 and the gross margin in Q4 2011 decreased to a negative 97% compared to a positive margin of 20% for the same period in 2010.
Enova President and CEO Mike Staran stated, “With many of our suppliers and competitors facing insolvency and other crisis-type issues, we are encouraged with the announced initiatives we have made in extremely difficult market conditions. By remaining diligent in maturing what we consider game-changers such as Green For Free™, we believe that we have strengthened our position with our core customers, as well as begun to establish better control over the distribution channels in our market segment.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV