Mitsubishi Motors Reports Record Outlander Sport Sales In March
CYPRESS, Calif., April 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported March 2012 sales, including 1,634 sales of the Outlander Sport CUV. This marks the largest number of Outlander Sport sales in a single month since the model was introduced in October 2010, exceeding the previous high ( July 2011) by 4.6 percent.
"We're pleased that U.S. consumers are choosing our fuel-efficient and stylish Outlander Sport in record numbers," said MMNA President & CEO Yoichi Yokozawa. "We're looking forward with excitement to the beginning of domestic production of the Outlander Sport – now our most popular model – in Normal, Illinois, in July."
This weekend at the New York International Auto Show, consumers will get their first look at the 2013 Outlander Sport to be manufactured in Normal.
"For several more months, year-versus-year sales statistics will continue to be impacted by our models whose production was completed last summer. However, our future lies in products like the Outlander Sport and the all-electric Mitsubishi i. In the month of March, U.S. sales of Mitsubishi i began in an additional 9 states for a total of 13 states. The vehicle is currently available to test drive at participating dealerships in other states, and will be available for sale nationwide by this summer," Yokozawa added.March sales details include:
- Outlander Sport sales were up 17.3 percent compared to March 2011 and are up 10.1 percent year to date.
- Lancer Evolution sales increased 46.4 percent compared to the same month a year ago, and are up 38.0 percent for the year.
- Overall Mitsubishi sales for March 2012 were 7,160, which is 5.3 percent below sales of March 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV